Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Alliday Artist: Meet Simply Charming Designs!

 
Tell us a little about yourself and your business.
My name is Lauren Rutherford. I’m currently in my first year of college at the University of Missouri as a magazine journalism major. Simply Charming Designs came about last spring through the JA Company Program. At the end of the program in May, I acquired the business and continue to run it out of my dorm room today!

What do you create and what do YOU love about your products?
I create two wrap and three wrap leather charm bracelets! I absolutely love creating my product – all the way from helping customers design their unique bracelet to boxing it up for delivery. Each customer is an individual, and it’s so much fun to help express that through jewelry!

What sets your creations apart from others?
Something that was really big for our JA Company during the program was the fact that leather charm bracelets haven’t really been done before. It’s a truly unique creation! I use local leather and often buy charms from other small businesses.

Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration in the uniqueness of others. It’s really fun to help people express themselves through charms. It’s all about symbolism, really. What does each charm mean in your life?

The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why?
I wish everyday were Christmas! To me, Christmas is about spending time with family, giving back and celebrating our Lord Jesus Christ. Doing that everyday would be fantastic!

If you could create your own holiday, what would it be and why?
If I could create my own holiday, it would be one where we all get a day off to do crafts! Everyone needs more time for crafts.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My favorite holiday tradition is Christmas shopping. It’s not much of a tradition, but choosing gifts for people is one of the best parts about Christmas!

How would you describe your work in three words?
Unique, Custom, Jingly

Shop
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment