Monday, November 5, 2012

Alliday Artist: Meet Iron Bear Jewelry!

Tell us a little about yourself and your business. 
I am a self taught wire design artist. I love creating my beautiful jewelry! I hand pick all of the natural stones and fossils I use to create my unique pieces. I use all natural stones, fossils, freshwater/saltwater pearls, mother of pearl and artisan crafted glass. My metals are sterling and non-tarnish silver as well as 14kt. Goldfil and 14kt. Gold. Everything is real.

What do you create and what do YOU love about your products?
I originally started creating jewelry for myself. I love original designs, the natural stones and fossils. And you couldn't find this 13 years ago when I started. I love my jewelry because it makes me happy to create it for someone else. And very happy when that person loves it as much as me. 

What sets your creations apart from others? 
My free form wire design. It is non-traditional and unconventional. Like me. I use all real stuff. No plastic, cheap products. I use artisan crafted glass because I believe in helping fellow artists and keeping small businesses going.

Where do you find inspiration?
In nature. Colors. I look at stones and see what it can be. And I see what kind of wearable art it can be.

The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why?
Hmmm. I love Christmas and the giving and the gifts. And wish it could be every day. The giving mostly but also who doesn't love gifts!

If you could create your own holiday, what would it be and why?
National be kind to nature day. Because so many of us get up go outside and never see the sunrise or never see the clouds, never see the sunset. We don't appreciate mother nature near enough. And as a holiday we could.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Cooking great comfort food. Being with family, friends and being happy.

How would you describe your work in three words? 
Non-traditional/unconventional
Beautiful
Enhancing


Website
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment