Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Alliday Artist: Meet Marekalaine!

Tell us a little about yourself and your business. 
Social media manager by day, crafter by night. I live, work and play in Oklahoma City. I found that sewing and other crafts are cathartic and have really relieved some stress. It’s my version of running!

What do you create and what do YOU love about your products? 
I create Oklahoma pillows and corkboard maps. I absolutely love the Oklahoma pillows because so many of them are bought and sent to people’s friends who have recently moved away from OK. It’s awesome to know that people get a warm feeling when they look at something as small as a pillow! I love creating the maps because it allows people to track their travels!

The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why? 
Such a tough question! If you had asked me a few years ago, I would have answered emphatically that Christmas is the best. Now, I really enjoy Thanksgiving – spending time with my family, great food and board games!

What is your favorite holiday tradition? 
My birthday is Christmas Eve, so the birthday-Christmas craziness is always a blast!

How would you describe your work in three words? 
Homemade, heartfelt, fun!

Shop
Blog
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment