Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Alliday Artist: Meet Favoring Brave!

Tell us a little about yourself and your business.
I’m Jill and I am relatively new to Oklahoma. I’ve been living here about a year and so far I love Tulsa! I moved here to be with my husband, John, who teaches in Broken Arrow. Currently I teach musical theater, acting, and voice and make jewelry to my heart’s content. My business, Favoring Brave, has been my passion for almost 8 years now and it has been so inspiring to see it grow. I started FB as a high school sophomore and somehow it grew to the point that it helped me pay my way through college, study abroad, and generally avoid normal, not-awesome college summer jobs.
What do you create and what do YOU love about your products?
I have been making and selling jewelry since the beginning of my business, but in the last year I have also started selling paper flowers for home decorations and events. I always tell my customers that my selection and variety is so enormous because I get bored so fast! New projects and possibilities always keep me engaged.

What I love about my work is that it is as unique as the people it is made for, my customers. Everyone has their own personality, their own quirks, their own things they like and things that make them feel like themselves. I strive to make jewelry that helps people show off their favorite things about themselves.
What sets your creations apart from others?
I am all about the individuality, like I said before, and frankly, that just isn’t sold in most stores. Everything I make is one of kind or extremely limited quantity so that you know your piece of Favoring Brave is all your own.
Where do you find inspiration?
A better question might be where don’t I! I am very inspired by color which is why every piece I make is displayed in rainbow order… you always know when you’ve stumbled into my booth that way! I am also very inspired by natural shapes and textures – nature is the original handmade genius in my book. I also look to historic examples of jewelry and clothing as well as indie music, fabrics, and other old things.
What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My favorite holiday tradition is baking! I love making way too many desserts and then getting to share them with friends and family, so to all my friends and family – beware!

Shop
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment