Friday, November 16, 2012

Alliday Artist: Meet Rocks Into Clocks!

 
Tell us a little about yourself and your business.
I've been married to my sweetheart for 52 years and I'm still in love. I am retired from Ford Motor Company, Tulsa Glass Plant after 34 years a Payroll Analyst. I am an avid Rock hound and am a member of the Tulsa Rock and Mineral Society. We left Oklahoma City to come to Broken Arrow in 1970. I love to search for rocks with a special heart, scene, or a message that sets it apart from other rocks.

What do you create and what do YOU love about your products?
I create beautiful timepieces for Desks, Tables, Walls and Mantels. My gift is a gift of time! My passion is to cut, grind and polish slices from rocks to communicate to folks what the rock has to offer thru interpretation. A beautiful rock inside is easy to communicate, the challenge might be a not so pretty rock slice communicated in such a way to draw a person's appreciation.

What sets your creations apart from others?
My Clocks are my babies and they are very special. My desire is to place them in special homes where they can be appreciated. Each clock sold has made that special connection with the owner. They have become special beyond belief.

Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration from my family, beliefs, principles, Church, education, friends, experiences and morals. Inspiration comes from all walks of life, and sometimes God helps me. Seeing the expression on the face of a recipient of one or more of my clocks gives me a tremendous inspiration to make the next recipient happier than the previous recipient.
 
The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why?
Christmas would rank high on my list because of the birth of Jesus and also because of the theme of giving. However, my favorite holiday now is Easter. Primarily because of a couple of rocks I have worked with that have special meanings. The first is a depiction of Jesus being lifted toward the heavens above the city of Bethlehem. A second rock made into a clock is an illustration of Michelangelo reaching and restraining another man from assisting him while painting the ceiling in the Cisteen Chapel. I am reminded of those two occasions every day as I see my clocks.

If you could create your own holiday, what would it be and why?
Heaven's Holiday would be my choice. If we could each visit heaven for a day each year, we could learn how to live together in peace and harmony. There would be no more wars, famine, starvation, killing, swearing, lying or politicing. We could become more content, build better relationships, governments, countries and world produce all the good we see in young children.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My favorite holiday tradition is Christmas. This is when families get together, exchange simple gifts, love more and share the true meaning of Christmas. Saying your goodbys to those who pass on during the year, meet the new children and welcome them into the circle of family, share in the great love of each other and remind ourselves of the true meaning of Christmas. The birth of baby Jesus.

How would you describe your work in three words?
Honor--Commitment--Promise

Website
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment