Thursday, December 1, 2011

Alliday Artist: Meet Art by Bethany!

Tell us a little about yourself and your business.
Art by Bethany was started in 2008 after I started doing freelance design work from home. I live in Broken Arrow with my husband and new baby girl. I previously worked for a jewelry design company for over 4 1/2 years designing costume jewelry, packaging, and marketing materials. I have a graphic design degree from The University of Tulsa. I do freelance painting, illustrations, jewelry design, plush design, fabric art, and graphic design. I also enjoy using my artwork for scrapbooking.
What do you create and what do YOU love about your products?
I love painting bright, fun stuff. I’m sort of stuck on a bird/owl/nature theme. I am moving towards doing a lot of plush items. My main items are the Sock Buddies, but I’m branching out to include felt owls and birds, and some other woodland creatures in addition to my Softbots felt robots.

Where do you find inspiration?
I would say from nature, craft blogs, and color.
The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why?
Although it’s not my favorite holiday, I would say Thanksgiving because we all have things we should be thankful for each day!

If you could create your own holiday, what would it be and why?
Craft Day! Everyone needs to get in the crafty spirit sometimes. ;)
What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Baking for Christmas, all kinds of cookies and pies.

How would you describe your work in three words?
Bright, fun, happy

No comments:

Post a Comment