Monday, December 12, 2011

Alliday Artist: Meet Figments of Imagination!

Tell us a little about yourself and your business.
I’m Claire and Figments of Imagination is my business. I have been working with jewelry since I was a teen and with glass for over 15 years. You might call it my addiction! I live and work in Stillwater, OK and grew up in Tulsa.

What do you create and what do YOU love about your products?
I create jewelry from fused glass, from sterling silver, and from copper. I also fuse/slump glass into plates and bowls. I just love glass in all forms. I especially like the dichroic glass – love the sparkle and shine!

Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration in the glass itself – it is almost like it tells me what to do. Okay, I know that sounds kooky but I am too!

The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why?
I love Christmas – the decorations and lights, the spirit of giving, the time with friends and family.
If you could create your own holiday, what would it be and why?
It would be International Glass Appreciation Day. I would honor the use of glass in all forms from utilitarian to artistic and introduce people to creating with glass.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Reading “The Night Before Christmas” – my 29 year old son now reads it to my 15 year old daughter – it is very the same book I read him and his grandmother and I read to him. It is a bit tattered from almost 50 years of wear but very special to us.

How would you describe your work in three words?
Unique, beautiful, fun

Website
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment