Monday, December 10, 2012

Alliday Artist: Meet Paintin' By Faith!

 
Tell us a little about yourself.
I am Vanessa – mother, wife, rural-carrier and artist. I love being all of those things – but being an artist keeps me sane. Using metals (copper, sterling silver and nickel mostly) I create wearable pieces of art. My pieces can vary from a nature scene straight out of the woods to a sexy pinup girl.

What do you create and what do YOU love about your products?
I create jewelry – but not the jewelry you are use to seeing every day. Each piece is created completely by hand and each piece is a small piece of art. I do duplicate some pieces but never are two pieces the same. I love the very rustic feel of my designs – I am not a girl that likes ‘bling’ so the style that comes across in my work is very much a part of who I am.

What sets your creations apart from others?
My attitude. I refuse to live in a box – everything I do starts outside of the box most of the world thinks they should live in. I also refuse to be told I can’t – I can and I will.

Where do you find inspiration?
I always hate this question. Because I have the boring answer of ‘everywhere’ – but that is my answer. I have looked up at a billboard and a new design is started in my head. I have sat in my deer stand looking at the trees with no leaves and a design begins. My kids have talk to me about something – yes another design. Just the other day I looked up in the clouds and could see a whale (yes I still look for shapes in the clouds) and another idea hit me. So yes my answer is cliché – everywhere.
The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why?
I love the 4th of July. I love what it stands for. I love the colors. I love that time of year – lake, tank tops, shorts – I get to do what I do because of the freedom that day stands for.

If you could create your own holiday, what would it be and why?
I think we should have a nature holiday. A day to recognize and appreciate the land around us. I know there is Earth Day – but I think it should be more about nature and recognized by all.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My kids are getting older so I look forward to doing this with my grandkids when I have them. Every year I would let my kids open only one gift. Always PJ’s, so when Santa came in to see them they would have new special PJ’s on. They were always so excited to see what they would look like and the magic of Santa seeing them sleep.

How would you describe your work in three words?
Rustic
Organic
Nature

Shop
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment