Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Alliday Artist: Meet Garden Finds!

 
Tell us a little about yourself and your business.
I love the process of creating something new from something old. I’ve always loved working with wood and started making feeders and birdhouses out of scrap lumber for my own yard, family and friends. I now have a shop on etsy and set up shop at local craft shows. My goal is to offer a unique product by reusing materials instead of tossing them away to the landfill and to provide the birds with a neat little feasting/nesting spot.

What do you create and what do YOU love about your products?
I create bird feeders and birdhouses from reclaimed, recycled and/or vintage materials. Some I leave natural and some I paint. I love that they’re attractive yet easy to use and built to last.

What sets your creations apart from others?
The design and materials used.

Where do you find inspiration?
My yard is certified as a National Wildlife Backyard Habitat as well as an Oklahoma State Wildscape. Everything I’ve planted and designed is to make a natural habitat for the birds and wildlife. I have come to know what birds will use and won’t use, what they like and don’t like. I am able to observe them daily and I suppose that’s where I find most of my inspiration.
The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why?
I would choose Earth Day even though my motto is Everyday is Earth Day! It’s a day to celebrate what we’ve been given and reminds us to be responsible for our actions on this planet.

If you could create your own holiday, what would it be and why?
A Day of Love so we could be reminded to tell our loved ones how much they mean to us. Life is too short and often we fail to do that on a daily basis.
What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Decorating the Christmas tree for the Holidays. We always made or purchased a new ornament each year when my children were growing up. Now we’ve carried on that tradition with the grandkids and they love it. We always have homemade hot cocoa.

How would you describe your work in three words?
Unique, attractive, easy
Shop
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment