Saturday, November 12, 2011

Alliday Artist: Meet The Peaceful Housewife!

Tell us a little about yourself and your business.
I’m a mom of 2 who loves to connect with people through meeting their needs.  At The Peaceful Housewife, we teach families how to make their own household cleaners and laundry detergent and we also make our handmade cleaners and products available for purchase.

What do you create and what do YOU love about your products?
I create amazing handmade household cleaning products that don’t harm the environment or your health.  We create laundry detergent, spray cleaners, bug spray, foaming soaps, room and linen sprays and more.  I absolutely love being able to help a family who has a difficult time finding laundry detergent that doesn’t irritate sensitive skin and doesn’t break the budget.  Seeing the smiles on their faces when they realize that they can have a quality detergent for as little as $40 a year makes my whole day.
Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration from my customers and readers.  I am truly interested in hearing about the products that they need and finding solutions for them.

The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why?
I love Christmas.  I love celebrating the true meaning of Christmas, spending time with my family, watching my children open their gifts and the spirit of love and closeness that Christmas brings.
If you could create your own holiday, what would it be and why?
If I could create my own holiday, I would make a National Celebrate Recovery day.  Celebrate Recovery is an amazing faith-based 12 step program to help people heal from their hurts, habits and hang-ups.  I wish more people knew the freedom and healing they could experience through Celebrate Recovery. 

Recovery isn’t just for people who are addicted to alcohol and drugs.  It’s for the wife who can’t let go of the hurtful words from her husband.  It’s for the son or daughter who never felt love from their parents.  It’s for the mom who finds herself unable to get past her anger and frustration over her children’s behavior.  It’s for me.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I think my favorite holiday tradition is cooking and baking.  My Granny was an amazing woman who took such pride in baking and cooking for our holiday dinners.  I feel close to her as I’m making pie crusts and mashing potatoes and puttering in the kitchen.

How would you describe your work in three words?
Fun, practical, relevent


No comments:

Post a Comment