Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Alliday Artist: Meet Hollyrocks!

Tell us a little about yourself and your business.
I’m a bit of a dreamer who lives in Broken Arrow with my husband and our pets.  It doesn’t take much to make me smile, and I like to find the magic in everyday items and situations.  Polymer clay is my specialty, but I also incorporate vintage components and other little treasures.  My business began on Etsy and expanded to include many craft shows, events, and organizations in Tulsa.  I hope you’ll come say hello if you see me around!

What do you create and what do YOU love about your products?  My work includes jewelry, photography, décor, and even a little vintage shop on the side.  I love the fact I will often see a smile spread across the faces of people who browse my items at craft shows.  Maybe they spotted a tiny mushroom for their garden or a miniature squirrel sculpture inspired by the squirrels that come to my yard, but something about my work speaks to certain people in a way that makes them happy and that is my absolute favorite thing about my products.
Where do you find inspiration? 
I’m heavily inspired by color, nature, and the little quirks that make each of us unique.  If you browse my online shop, my blog, or my craft show booth, you might come to the realization that I’ve created my own little world.  That world is where I go for inspiration. 

The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why?
I really love all holidays because I’ll take any excuse to be festive, but I think it would be great if every day was like Halloween.  We could all dress up and act silly without worrying about anyone judging us for our crazy behavior. 
If you could create your own holiday, what would it be and why? 
I think I would create a polymer clay day!  Everyone would celebrate by taking a lump of clay and forming it into something beautiful from the depths of their imagination.  It makes me so happy when people experiment with clay because I think it’s underrepresented in the craft world, and I would love to see people sculpting unique works of art with their hands.  
What is your favorite holiday tradition? 
Having hot drinks with good people is something I adore.  I it enjoy year-round honestly, but during the holidays it’s an especially warm feeling to be in the company of friends or family with a cup of coffee, hot tea, cocoa, or cider. 


How would you describe your work in three words? 
Colorful, happy, fun.

Links
Shop                

2 comments:

  1. Wow she's a very talented and creative individual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feature! I'm so excited about this show.

    ReplyDelete