Friday, April 23, 2010

Alliday Artist: Meet Gleeful Peacock!

Tell us a little about yourself and your business.
I am a mom of one fabulously creative and fun eight year old girl and I have been married to the love of my life for 10 years. I work full time and run Gleeful Peacock in the evenings.


What do you create? I design unique, colorful and artistic jewelry and accessories. I strive to make items that you can not find anywhere else. I started my business to keep life colorful and to focus on the beauty in life.

What do YOU love about the products you make?
I love that people notice them when someone wears them. Customers always tell me that every time they wear one of my pieces they get comments and compliments. I love that I make pieces the people notice!


Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration in every day life. When the trees start to bloom I notice more pinks and purples in my work. When dandelions pop up in my yard, I want to work with yellow. The other day I was inspired to make a necklace based on a sea green truck that was pulled up next to me at a light.

If you could create a new holiday, what would it be and how would it be celebrated?
Funny you should ask. I create new holidays all the time! One of my daughter’s favorites is ‘Happy Sandal Day’. Every spring on the first warm weekend we paint our toenails and we go shopping for sandals. We usually end the day with putting our toes in the new spring grass. It is a fun way to celebrate the new season.


Will you be unveiling any new goods at Alliday?
I am constantly changing out my inventory based on my newest inspirations, so I know there will be new designs that are shown for the first time at Alliday.


What are you most excited about for the upcoming Alliday Show?
I love seeing my crafty friends and meeting new friends. I am also so happy that it is the end of June since I will have a few weeks to rest and really gear up for the show!


Rapid Fire Questions!
Your favorite color
To wear: Yellow
To live in: A little bit of every color
To look at: Aqua Marine
To create with: Turquoise
That inspires you: depends on the moment!
Medium you:
Love to work in: Paint
Tend to get frustrated with: small beads
Would love to learn: screen printing
You most admire: glass blowing

Favorite musical artist of the moment: Ray Lamontange
Favorite all-time musical artist: Jack Johnson
Favorite movie: Grease
Favorite food to eat: Mashed Potatoes with cheese
Favorite food to cook: cookies
Favorite place you’ve been: Gig Harbor Washington
Place you’d love to go to: Greece

To learn more about the Gleeful Peacock, check out their website at www.gleefulpeacock.com!

1 comment:

  1. love ur work! met u last weekend n dallas pix on my blog.

    ReplyDelete