Friday, April 23, 2010

Alliday Artist: Meet TrashyTrashyTrash!

Tell us a little about yourself and your business. What do you create?
I paint tee-shirts with animals from cryptozoology, such as Bigfoot and Yeti. I also make jewelry and accessories out of items of trash, vintage buttons, and other natural elements.


What do YOU love about the products you make?
I love pretty much everything about everything that I make, call me crazy, but it's true. I just love the process, using my hands to make/create new things that amuse me, and hopefully others ...

Where do you find inspiration?
Just my regular ol' life happenin' inspires me, I can find inspiration in everything.

The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why?
Earth Day. I think people should always give trash a second chance to be something great and beautiful, show it a lil' love. Keep the earth happy and green.


If you could create a new holiday, what would it be and how would it be celebrated?
I don't know that I would make any new holidays.

Any funny holiday memories or stories you’d like to share?
The holiday memory that stands out to me the most right now is Easter when I was seven years old, I think. My parents hid eggs for us, of course, but there were seven eggs that had paper with letters on it, they were cut apart from each other like a jig-saw puzzle. My brother and I pieced it together, and it spelled Jamaica. My parents had gotten plane tickets and we left the next morning and went to Jamaica. It was pretty awesome. I wish I could have an egg hunt turn out that great again, hahaha.


Will you be unveiling any new goods at Alliday?
Yes. I am always making something new.

What are you most excited about for the upcoming Alliday Show?
The chance to set my items up and have people see them, hopefully the said people, like what they see.


Rapid Fire Questions!
Your favorite color
To wear: Any.
To live in: Green.
To look at: Green.
To create with: Any.
That inspires you: Any.

Medium you:
Love to work in: Trash.
Tend to get frustrated with: Drawing.
Would love to learn: Sew my own clothes.
You most admire: Trash.

Favorite musical artist of the moment: Blonde Redhead.
Favorite all-time musical artist: Beck.
Favorite movie: Fifth Element.
Favorite food to eat: Pizza.
Favorite food to cook: Stir-fry.
Favorite place you’ve been: Holland.
Place you’d love to go to: Greece.

To learn more about TrashyTrashyTrash, check out their website at www.trashytrashytrash.etsy.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment