Sunday, October 30, 2011

Alliday Artist: Meet Paintin' by Faith!

Tell us a little about yourself and your business.
I am a mixed metal artist.  I create small pieces of wearable art with a very rustic feel.  I truly love what I do & I believe it does show in my work – well I don’t call it work I call it fun.  I can’t get enough.  I live, breath, sleep my fun.  I am always inspired. I love seeing my work evolve on a daily basis.

What do you create and what do YOU love about your products?
Using most sterling silver & copper I create wearable art – jewelry that has a voice.  Each piece is created by hand.  I never wore jewelry before I started making it.  I didn’t realize I just hadn’t found my style.  The mix of sterling silver with copper has such a great rustic feel to it. 
Where do you find inspiration?
Everywhere.  Literally.  I have pieces that were inspired by billboards on the side of the road.  Shapes I noticed in a piece of fabric.  The garden.  Nature.  My positive spirit.  Everywhere. 

The Alliday Show believes that everyday should be celebrated as a holiday! That being said, which holiday do you wish were everyday and why?
I do love Thanksgiving.  It is a no hustle, enjoy the family kind of day.  But I don’t think it is my favorite.  I am very patriotic & a huge fan of summer.  So I think I really would have to say Fourth of July.  I know that seems very different – but that does kind of sum me up.
If you could create your own holiday, what would it be and why?
I would love to have a simple family day.  A day that just celebrates family.  Period.  No gifts.  Just the spirit of family.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I love traditions. When my kids were younger I tried to create many traditions to carry on.  Things change up so not all of them stuck.  But I do have one that we haven’t ever stopped.  On Christmas Eve you know kids always want to open up gifts.  Well I started giving my kids one gift each.  It is always PJ’s – when they were kids it was such a cute thing.  They had a new pair for Santa to see them in.  So every year even though they knew what they were getting they got to open that one gift.  Even though my kids are older & think I am silly for still doing this – every year I still give them one gift on Christmas Eve – PJ’s.
How would you describe your work in three words?
Art
Rustic
Timeless 

1 comment: